OREM, Utah, August 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Datajoin, a SaaS company that helps B2B marketers integrate their tech stack through “micro-integrations,” has raised a $3.5M funding round led by Sepio Capital.
“The marketing technology stack is broken.” said the founder and CEO of Datajoin, Sam Fonoimoana.
“Marketers are frustrated with the time and effort it takes to integrate their technology. They wait months for their engineering and IT teams to come up with in-house solutions, which usually end up at the end of the request queue. .”
“Datajoin’s micro-integrations make onboarding simple and easy, with implementation measured in days, not months.”
According to Gartner, “marketers are only utilizing 58% of their Martech stack’s potential,” leaving 42% of underutilized marketing tools and millions of efficiencies on the table. This siled capacity is wasted due to the number of tools and the lack of integration between them.
“There are more tools in the marketing stack than at Home Depot,” Fonoimoana said.
“Most marketing tools are really good at what they do, but they’re really bad at communicating with each other. Stack fragmentation hurts marketing teams. Micro-integrations change all that.”
Fonoimoana refers to Datajoin’s proprietary solution called “Micro Integrations”. Micro-integrations sync customer data between apps in your marketing stack, without code or engineering resources.
As an official Adobe partner, Datajoin serves a handful of Fortune 500 companies, including Adobe, Cisco, Comcast, and ARM, with a 100% satisfaction rating. Datajoin decided to seek additional funding to meet the demands of its expanding customer list.
Sepio Capital is a $5 billion+ multi-family institutional investment advisory firm with in-house venture capital operations. Mitch Searchmanaging director of Sepio Capital, leads the funding round.
“I am delighted to partner with Mitch at Sepio Capital,” Fonoimoana said. “He immediately captured the vision of who I am and what I’m trying to build – both from a marketing analytics perspective and for the future of tech diversity here in the state of Utah and in technology,” Fonoimoana continued.
“Some of the world’s most sophisticated enterprise marketing technology companies consider Sam and the Datajoin team to be ‘data ninjas’. Datajoin’s value proposition immediately surfaced in conversations with customers, as they have seen 10x results. We are thrilled to support Datajoin as they have put marketers back in control of their marketing data,” said Mitch Search – CEO of Sepio.
With this seed funding from Sepio, Datajoin plans to hire key talent in product, engineering, marketing and sales.
By closing this funding round, Fonoimoana becomes the first VC-backed founder and CEO in Polynesian-origin technology.
“We hope this is the first of many venture-backed companies founded by Polynesians and we are determined to make Datajoin a success story that other founders, investors and communities can learn from.”
He hopes Datajoin’s growth and success will inspire Polynesian children to dream of being who they want to be and pave the way for a new generation of Polynesian founders and CEOs in the tech industry.
Natalie Beita, [email protected]